Port your number to CallRail
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on seamlessly porting your phone numbers to CallRail, where we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process to ensure a smooth transition and uninterrupted communication for your business.
We found this guide directly through CallRail
If you’re new, start by creating an account through this link: https://www.callrail.com/signup. If you’re already a user, follow these simple steps to access your existing account. Porting your phone number into CallRail is free.
CallRail has created a video that explaining the process
Important note: A credit card must be added to your account in order to begin the porting process. Do not cancel your service with your existing provider until you have confirmed the port is complete.
The process of porting your number typically takes 4-6 weeks upon receipt of your documents. For bulk port requests, the timeframe can extend to 6-8 weeks. The duration may vary based on the involved carriers.
Do not cancel your service with your existing provider until you have confirmed the port is complete
Port a number into CallRail
Use these instructions to submit a port request.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to port the number.
- Choose Porting In from the Calls & Texts header on the left.
- Click the Create Port Request button at the top of the screen to begin creating your port request.
- Type in the desired name for your port request under the Port Request Name header.
- Under the Numbers header, click the CSV template link to download the file and list all the numbers you plan to port. To be accepted, the CSV file must include:
– Tracking number(s) that you want to port.
– Forwarding number(s) that each tracking number should forward to.
– Each tracking number’s name and source.
– Companies with your account that the tracking number(s) should be placed in.
- Click the Upload CSV button to upload the CSV file.
- Under the Most Recent Invoice header, click the Upload PDF button to upload a scanned (or electric) copy of your most recent phone invoice that includes your account and address information for all the numbers you’d like to port. If you don’t have a copy of your most recent phone invoice, you can upload a screenshot of the numbers in your current account.
- Under the Letter of Authorization header, select whether you or someone else will sign the Letter of Authorization. If you fill out the document, complete the requested information. If you’re sending the document to someone else, provide the recipient’s name and email address in the appropriate fields.
- Click on the Submit button when all requested information has been provided.
- Follow the progress of your port requests within the table. You will be able to see the name of each port request, who submitted the request, the date the request was made, and the status of each request.
Please note: When client managers submit port requests, they’ll only see a list of the requests they have submitted within the table.
- Optional: Click the Eye icon at the end of each row of the table to see a summary card of each port request. This card includes the account name, the port name, who made the port request, and the request date. There also are links to the most recent invoice provided and to the document that shows which numbers are to be ported.
- Optional: Click the Pencil icon within each row of the table to see the unfinished Letter of Authorization if you need to complete the document to finish the port request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it cost anything to port a number to CallRail?
Nope! There’s no cost on CallRail’s end to port a number.
What can I provide if I don’t have my most recent invoice?
You can upload a screenshot of an email showing your ownership of the number, a receipt, or a screenshot of the number in your current account.
Why does my number show as pending after the port was completed?
A successfully ported number will show as Pending until that number is called for the first time. This can be done by a customer or via a quick test call. Once that happens, the number will appear in the Active tab in the Tracking section of the app.
Where to get the porting PIN for my numbers?
Feel free to make your request directly to us. Once we receive it, we will promptly reach out to Twilio to obtain the number and forward it to you.
If you are looking to port your numbers with SmrtPhone, click the button below
For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out at [email protected]. We’re always happy to help!