Carrot Website Integration
Forefront CRM is a high-tech tool that real estate investors can use. It has a two-step form system, but we have made it easy by creating technology that puts all the information into one lead instead of two.
This guide will show you how to connect your Carrot seller website form with Forefront CRM. Whenever you get a new lead, it will automatically be sent to your Forefront CRM.
Carrot’s website form consists of two steps. In the first step, visitors fill in basic information. In the second step, they can fill in more detailed information if they choose to. To ensure all the information is captured, we will create two zaps to handle both forms.
In order to setup, you need a premium Zapier account.
- Set up a Zap in Zapier to receive leads from the main website form labeled ‘What do you have to lose? Get started now’.
- Create a webhook in Forefront CRM to get the lead information sent from the Zap.
- Set up another Zap in Zapier to receive the extra information that visitors submit through the more detailed form titled ‘Step 2 More Detailed Submission Form’.
Here are some easy-to-follow steps for using Carrot!
Step 1 – Set up an automation for the initial Carrot from using Zapier
1. Login to your premium Zapier account then create a new Zap
2. Name your Zap and choose “Webhook” as the trigger action
3. Choose “Catch Hook” as the Trigger Event and click the blue “Continue” button
4. You will be presented with a webhook to trigger the copy. This will be set in your Carrot website form settings. Make sure to click the “Copy” butto
Step 2 – Create a trigger link for Carrot Form 1
1. Login to your Carrot website and go to the Account page: https://app.carrot.com/account click on the ‘Content’ button for the website you are hooking up to Forefront CRM
2. To connect your form with Zapier, simply go to the ‘Forms’ section and click on the ‘Settings’ link of the ‘What Do You Have to Lose? Get Started Now…’ form. Then, select ‘Zapier’
2.2 Simply click on the ‘Add new’ button located at the top right corner
3. You need to fill out some settings. Copy the ‘Custom Webhook URL’ from Zapier and paste it into the ‘Webhook URL’ field. Once done, click the ‘Save Zapier Feed’ button
3.1 Here’s where you can find the webhook URL for the Zapier Trigger, make sure to copy and take note of it
4. Head back to Zapier and hit the “continue” button for the trigger. Then you’ll come across this screen where you need to click the “Test Trigger” button
5. Please create a webhook action that sends information to your Forefront CRM account
5.1 Select POST and click the blue “Continue” button
5.2 Now we will need to create the webhook in Forefront so that we have a webhook URL to paste into this action so that the Zap knows where to send the data.
Step 3 – Setup Webhook in Forefront CRM
This is where we will create a webhook in Forefront CRM to receive information from the Zap.
1. Create a Forefront Webhook
2. Configure the Webhook settings
If you haven’t created a campaign for this lead source yet, you can set it up later by clicking the ‘manage’ button on the webhook you’re making.
The campaigns can be set up here if you’d prefer to do this now: https://app.forefrontcrm.com/campaigns
2.1 Now that you have created the webhook URL, simply copy and paste it into the Zap action webhook URL. Go ahead and copy it!
3. Set the Webhook URL in Zapier, test and continue
3.1 Simply paste the URL and click ‘Continue’ without changing any other settings.
3.2 Click the ‘Test and Continue’ button to send data to the Forefront CRM webhook you just made. Don’t worry about it for now, we’ll deal with it later. Just follow the same steps as the first section of this document to duplicate it for the second Carrot form.
Step 4 – Create Zap for the Second Carrot Form
1. Create a new Zap, name it then set the trigger action to be a Webhookd Carrot form.
2. Set the trigger event to be ‘Catch Hook’
3. Click the blue ‘Continue’ button
To activate the webhook, you need to copy the webhook trigger provided and paste it into your Carrot website form settings
Step 5 – Set up the Webhook trigger for your Carrot Form 2
1. Login to your Carrot website and go to the Account page: https://app.carrot.com/account
1.2 Please remember to change the name of the second form field to “Street Address”.
1.3 To ensure accuracy, please change one field name on the second form as it defaults differently from the Carrot factory settings.
2. Please go to the form titled “Step 2 More Detailed Submission Form” and make any necessary changes.
3. We need to rename the Address field to ‘Property Address’
3.1 Don’t forget to click the ‘Update’ button located on the right side of the page
Step 6 – Important: Change the name of the second field to match the street address
1. Continue with the setup for the Zap trigger webhook
2. To create a new Zapier webhook trigger, simply click the ‘Add New’ button located in the top right corner
3. Complete the Carrot form’s webhook trigger by filling out the settings. Copy the ‘Custom Webhook URL’ from Zapier and paste it in the Webhook URL field. Save your changes by clicking the ‘Save Zapier Feed’ button.
3.1 Here’s where you’ll find the webhook URL for the Zapier Trigger
4. Test the trigger in Zapier
Go back to Zapier and click the continue button for the trigger. You will see the below screen. Click the ‘Test Trigger’ button
5. Set up the task for your Zap
Set up a webhook to send data from the second Carrot form to your Forefront CRM account
6. Choose the “POST” event
Select POST and click the blue ‘Continue’ button.
6.1 To make sure Zap knows where to send the data, we’ll create a webhook URL in Forefront and paste it into this action
7. Get the webhook URL from Forefront CRM that you have already setup up
You don’t have to make a new webhook. Just use the one you made earlier in this document
8. Set the webhook URL in Zapier
Simply paste the URL and click ‘Continue’ without changing any other settings
8.1 Click on the ‘Test and Continue’ button to send data to the Forefront CRM webhook you just made, instead of the ‘Test and Review’ button.
Step 7 – Set up data fields for Forefront CRM
You have one Forefront CRM webhook that received two sets of data. To avoid creating two leads, we will map the data to the right fields in your CRM and set a unifying field. This lets Forefront know to update the first lead with data from the second Carrot form instead of creating a new one.
Go back to your webhooks in Forefront: https://app.forefrontcrm.com/settings/webhooks
1. Turn on Multi-Step Form
Click the ‘manage’ button for your Carrot webhook
Turn on the Multi-Step Form switch on the left side, then copy and paste ‘Property_Address_(Street_Address)’ into the field (don’t include the quotation marks)
Forefront will link the data from both Carrot forms by matching their Street Address information
1.1 Make sure to click the orange ‘Save’ button below the toggle switch
2. Map the Data Fields
Check out the latest results from our Zap tests. Choose two of them, as we only have two available
3. Scroll down and map the fields as follows
If you need to map a field in Carrot that doesn’t exist in Forefront, you can make a custom field by going to Forefront’s settings page for leads at https://app.forefrontcrm.com/settings/leads
- Do_you_need_to_sell_your_house_fast? -> Lead Info – Fast Close Needed
- Email -> Contact – Email Address
- Garage -> Property – Parking Type
- Is_the_house_currently_listed_with_a_realtor? -> Lead Info – Is Listed
- Is_there_anyone_living_in_the_house? -> Lead Info – Occupancy Type
- Phone -> Contact – Phone 1
- Property_Address_(City) -> Property – City
- Property_Address_(State_/_Province) -> Property – State
- Property_Address_(Street_Address) -> Property – Street Address
- What_kind_of_repairs_and_maintenance_does_the_house_need? -> Lead Info – Repairs Needed
- Whats_your_ultimate_goal_with_your_house? -> Lead Info – Reason For Selling
- Your_Name_(First) -> Contact – First Name
- Your_Name_(Last) -> Contact – Last Name
- Property_Address_(ZIP_/_Postal_Code) -> Property – Postcode
4. Click the “Save” button
5. Turn on your Zaps
In Zapier, make sure your Zaps are turned on.
Final Step – Testing the Integration
After setting up your Carrot website, it’s time to test it by submitting a lead. Simply fill out and submit the forms on your home page and wait for the lead to show up in Forefront.
Make sure that the lead information from both forms appears under “Lead Information” to confirm that the forms were properly combined by Forefront.
You’re all done setting up your Carrot website to Forefront CRM! This means you are now ready to make use of its amazing features and capabilities to streamline your customer relationship management.
So, go ahead and explore Forefront CRM to discover how it can help you achieve your business goals and take your customer relationships to the next level.
For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out at [email protected]. We’re always happy to help!