How to Import Leads into Forefront
The purpose of imports is to allow you to import data, via a CSV from another system. Imports require a CSV, that is formatted in a very specific way to know where the data should be going.
You can download a sample CSV, that will have all the headers set that you need. The next step is to Edit your CSV for the Old data that you are importing to have the same headers as the data that you want to be pulled into the system.
This is not done via the Forefront Application, this does require a CSV editor like Excel.
Once you are done making the changes to your CSV, you are now ready to upload it to Forefront to have the data compared against your Forefront Account. The first step is in place to highlight things that you would most likely miss by just scanning the CSV.
Things like, Missing Data will be highlighted, but you can still import the data, but you may have put a typo in the header, or the values of the data may not match what you have in Forefront, in that case, you told that you have extra data types in the import. This step can take a few tries to get all the data adjusted so that all of it you want to pull over has been up
Below is a quick rundown of the process and a video going in-depth with the process.
- Adjust your CSV file so it conforms to Forefront specs (Download the Sample CSV file found in your system)
- Upload your CSV file for validation
- If there are no errors or warnings you can immediately import the leads
- If not you’ll get a validation report that will help you adjust the CSV file
- Then reupload the adjusted CSV file and revalidate
- After you complete your import you’ll have one week to rollback your import
Good To Know
- Make sure your old status names match exactly with the status names in Forefront.
- If you have a lead with the status name of “Not a Lead”, “Sold” or “Dead” they won’t show up on the pipeline and will instead be in the appropriate archive section.
- If you import a lead without a matching status we will give the lead the status of “New”
- Due to the complex nature of follow-up sequences, we can’t import leads directly so instead, we recommend adding a temporary status labeled “Follow Up” that you import all the leads you want in a follow-up sequence. Then you will have to manually go add the desired leads to the appropriate follow-up sequence.
- We do not encourage uploading thousands of data, we limit the upload to 200 items per upload in one file.
To import a file click on the Settings option on the left-hand pane.
After clicking on settings you will be presented with a menu, select “Import” from there you can either “Drag and drop” your completed file to upload or click on the box to upload the file accordingly.
Once the file is added, you will be presented with an option to Label the file (Optional) upload, or cancel it, if you are certain with the information to be uploaded, click on “Start Validation” if there are no errors or warnings click on Import
(Note: if there are warning, errors or any issues with the data import check the previous statements for “Import Instructions” and “Good to Know”)
Below is a detailed video of the Import process of Forefront (Note this is a long video, please make sure to take time to watch and understand the video)
( You may increase the playback speed by clicking the three dots on the bottom right corner) If you have any questions or issues send an email to [email protected]